The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Friday, March 28, 2014

Aren't Mothers Lovely?

Well here in the UK it is Mother's Day on Sunday.  I know I left it a bit late to buy cards and that became apparent when I went to choose said cards at the local shops.  The choice was totally rubbish - guess everyone else is super organised!  So I decided to make them myself.  I haven't made any cards in a while so it was fun to go looking for some card challenges to do and to get out the stamps, inks and punches.

I used the CASE Study Challenge for both cards and the Color Throwdown for the floral one.

The stamps for this floral one are from Stampin Up.  The Lovely You stamp is from Unity.  I cut the flowers out and raised them up on foam tape to add a bit of dimension.



The second one used a butterfly punch and a butterfly die.  I stitched the butterflies on and gave some of them trails.


If you're in the UK enjoy Mother's Day this Sunday!


I love CASE Study

5 comments:

  1. oh, I LOVE the one with the butterflies and the stitching, WOW! Thanks so much for playing along at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are so beautiful!! Love the stitching detail with your butterflies! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are lovely! I would love to do paper crafts but I'm so uncreative (20 years of cross-stitching has made me reliant on patterns instead of my own ideas). I came across your blog a few weeks ago and am slowly working my way through your older posts, so you have a new fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful!! So much better than store bought!! Thxs for joining is at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely cards! I love how the flowers pop against the bright green! And your butterflies with stitched trails are great! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)