The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Little Mermaid

Oh my goodness I was sorely disappointed when I realised I had missed the deadline for the Everything But the Kitchen Sink 'Aluminium Foil' Challenge, as I was half way through making it.  Oh well here it is anyway! 


All images are freebie digitals (again! - you see, who says I can't budget!!).  The mermaid is from Pollycraft, the background and sentiment are from Meljen's.  I started by sticking some foil onto some card stock and printing the mermaid image twice onto the cardstock, once on the white part and once to come out on the foil. 


I heat treated the ink to help it dry - still not sure that has actually worked though!  I carefully cut the tail and bikini top out and stuck them onto the white image, then coloured her in.  [I wish I'd coloured her in first as the ink on the foil ran when the blender pens touched it - and so now she looks like she has a muddy tummy!!].  Then I cut her out and put her aside until the rest of the card was ready.  For the second piece of foil, I covered a piece of cardstock, the right size, with some foil and then put it through the Big Shot using this big spots embossing folder, the card helps the foil retain it's embossed image.

Here is a close up:

I used the current sketch from 2 sketches 4 you, just rotated it 90 degrees.  This is also for the 'Flash your Freebies' challenge at Tales from Pollycraft and I thought I might pop it in for the challenge at the Pollycraft Challenge Blog which is Bold and Bright. And seeing as I have some Meljen's images in there are has lots of circles on it it is also being entered for their weekly challenge of using circles. It's also in for the embossing challenge at KL Stampin and Scrappin.  Almost forgot! The main reason for picking the mermaid image was for the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!

Just in case you missed it, I had a clear out of stamps and am selling some.  You can read about it here.  There is also a picture and a link in the sidebar.

Have a wonderful day.

16 comments:

  1. What a cute card with great techniques!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of the foil! So clever! Beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our Circles Galore challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
    Dee (Spryte)♥
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo

    this is fabulous, gorgeous design and detail, thanks for joining us at pollycraft

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is so cool that the foil went thru the printer!!! Great card! Thanks for playing along with the Cuopcake Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome card.. great job with the background and all :)) Thumbs up!

    Thank you for playing with us in the MELJENS challenge, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super idea, this is fabulous.....you did an awesome job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi...beautiful card,love what you've done with the mermaid...

    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, no, it IS too bad you're too late as this is by far the best of what I've seen! The embossed foil is cool ... but the foil mermaid outfit is genius! This is a step-above the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card! I love how you used the Aluminum foil for the mermaid. Genius! Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog. I appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great job on this card! I can image your reaction when you found out missing the deadline! I'm sure you would have won with the mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card, love this. :) :) :) :) :) :) Thank you so much for your prayers, they mean allot to us!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card! Your image and detailing are fabulous!!! Thanks so much for joining us at KLSNS!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantabulous! love the gold leaf and the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The foil on the tail...just brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Card!!!
    great use of the foil, works brilliantly!!

    thanks for 'flashing your freebie'

    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab idea with the foil - thanks for joining us at Pollycraft! xx

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)