The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

D.I.Y Olaf Growth Chart Tutorial

So a while ago I saw this really cute image of Olaf from Frozen on the front of a kids magazine.  He was holding his head way above his body and I thought that's how most kids feel, they just want to be taller!  So I thought the image would be great on a Growth Chart.

This is what I came up with!


Materials:

Felt: Turquoise; brown; black, white sparkle and orange
A Tape measure
Some snowflake ribbon to hang it up with.

I used felt for all of it.


Cut all the pieces out.


So you get a nice little pile of felt goodies.


Position them and pin them in place.


Attach your tape measure, I cut mine so it started at 40cm I think and finished at 150cm.  I pegged this in place with the side facing up that has both inches and cm on it as there was a nice black line running down the centre that I could stitch on.  Plus a lot of people in the UK still work in imperial method of measurement.



Now stitch all your pieces in place! I found that working with larger pieces of felt was tricky and sometimes it puckered.


I then sewed another piece of turquoise felt to the back to cover the stitching and secured the ribbon in place in between.  Then I used some scalloped pinking shears to trim the edges.



I was really happy with the end result.  I made two little pegs with snowflakes and initials on so my niece and nephew can plot their heights!  Hope they like it.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)