The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Week 4: Do You Stack Up Challenge - Patterned Paper

Welcome to week 4 of the Do You Stack Up Challenge.  This week we have two sponsors: Black Leaf Design Solutions and Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps.

       

This week's challenge is: 
Patterned Paper
Well I have a tonne of that laying around so no problem there!  I used an image from Stitchy Bear called Butterfly Love. I LOVE how this turned out!



I coloured her using the Stampin Up pastels and one of their Aqua Painter brushes, gave such a delicate look to a delicate fairy!

I used papers by Dream Street Papers, so girly aren't they? I used three from the same range, the pink spotty one, a green one for the scalloped circle and I cut the pink flower from a piece of paper too.  I printed the image twice, using only the wings and one of the flowers from the second copy.  I coloured the wings the same but added some fairy dust (!) to give her some sparkle!  I curled the ends of the wings and raised the ends of the wings up on dimensionals and offset them, I really like the look.


A bit more of a close up of those wings.

So hop on over to the DYSU blog to check out all the other creations and then load up your masterpiece!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jo :) Again a beautiful card! Love the sparkle on the wings and the 3 d look, awesome! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jo - love the paper and your delicate colouring. Hugs Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Love what you have done with the wings and the stitching is supercool. Love the flower to.

    Hugs,
    Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, super job Jo! I really like the way you popped up the wings and curled them--and the flower. Love the soft colors with this image. Great coloring too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so pretty Jo, love the glittering on the wings

    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely lovely card, love the matting, coloring and the paper!

    Hugs,
    Jess
    Floppy Latte Designs at StitchyBear Digital Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful - it's amazing how different they can look

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! I love how you popped the wings off the page...so creative! Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your beautiful card, Jo! Those sparkly wings are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card. I am a new follower and love to invite you to my blog for a custom made apron give away. Enter @ lenascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)