The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Card Set: in progress....

[Edited to add: Just finished the whole set of seven card you can see them here, here and here! or just click on the blog title and scroll through ;-) !]

Hi there! Hope you are having a fab week.  I have had less time for crafting this week, due to several contributing factors all conspiring against me! We had a public holiday on Monday, I've started work again (only two mornings a week!) and I have a house inspection looming!


However, I am in the process of making a card set, comprising of six cards each with a different birdie on from my Pink Petticoat set, all made with the same colour combo and will be presented in a matching box!

So today I will share the box and one of the cards.  I just love this colour combination together!  The card I have made using this weeks sketch from Clean & Simple.  I'm loving my new nestabilities!!  The box is made for the challenge at Just Us Girls.  They challenged us to make something using a template.  Their sponsor this week is the very talented Lauren Meader (love her blog!).  She now has an online store: My Time Made Easy, where she sells templates, stamps, digital stamps, cut file accents and digital paper.  For the challenge she offered up a freebie box template.   I downloaded this, but when I came to get started on the challenge I realised I wanted a bigger box for my cards. So I used Lauren's as the guide and based on that, made a template for a bigger one but the same design! Is that allowed?! I don't know, but I figured as I'm not planning to sell it and I was giving credit to Lauren it was probably OK...hope so.  Well anyway here they are:

I love that with digital stamps you can resize and flip them! My little row of birds down the bottom was tricky to colour in, but I love that there is one of each of the birds that are featured inside on the cards.  Here  is the card on it's own.  I stamped the little flowers with versamark and then heat embossed them with clear powder.


Here are a couple of pictures to show the depth of the box and that I have used velcro to fasten the lid.

As I do the rest of the cards I'll pop them in here for you to see, so make sure to check back if you are interested in what the final set will look like.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Jo I just about flipped when I saw this set - it's fabulous! YES you can re-size Lauren's templates - I recognized it at once and at first glance thought your cards were just tiny. I resize Lauren's templates using my Cricut all the time :-) BUT thank you for giving her credit, too. I love the clean simple design of the cards which are SO cute with that birdie and the way you decorated the box is just fantastically fun! Super job girl. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you back again on Saturday for our next sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like is said above:
    It's just beautifull, fabulous, great, wonderfull etc.... Love it.
    Keep on doing the good job as you do!
    See you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! This set is amazing! I love all those little chicks & the scalloped border looks fantastic! Thanks for playing along with this week's Just Us Girls template challenge! Hope to see you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful cover for cards! The set is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so totally fabulous!

    Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS Stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on winning Chic of the Week! this set is truly adorable & you did such an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)