The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Just Us Girls Colour Challenge

Today's post is for the Colour Challenge over at Just Us Girls.  I loved the sound of the colours, Hot Pink, Lime Green and Teal, so bright and fresh! I've teamed them with white and added a little bit of cork into the mix.  I was soo excited when the cork sheets turned up.  I've been seeing lots of cork used in papercraft projects lately and I was itching to give it a try.  I'll come back to that later! 

I was inpsired by the sketch at CPS, but infact when finished the only bit that was actually like the sketch was the '21' box and the lines of stitching! Oh Well.  I used one of my new stamp sets from Stampin Up: Fifth Avenue Floral.  Love the way this turned out and that it is not very 'me', so that is always good to step outside your comfort zone.


Here is an alternate view.

And a close up.  The pink flower is popped up on dimensionals.
Now, back to that Cork.  I bought two thicknesses: 0.8mm and 1.5mm.  I used the 0.8mm on the card.  It was cut easily with nestibilities in the Big Shot and also, to my amazement, was easily cut with a Fiskars and Stampin Up scallop edge punch (I used the SU one on the card).   The 1.5mm would not go through the punches, but it does go through the Big Shot fairly easily.  I even used it with my delicate Butterfly die and it worked, with a little bit of gentle coaxing out.  I'll use that on another card another day.

Be sure to check out all the other creations by the Design Team.  And then get busy creating and uploading.  Thanks for stopping by today, have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. Jo, I love this! The flower stamps look amazing clustered together and left as line images, and the cork adds such a fun texture. Love how you stitched the lines in different colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully done Jo - love the cork - it's a great accent. The floral set is lovely as well. Thanks for another outstanding JUGS project! You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!

    You've received an award! Check out my blog for details!

    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool Jo! I love the playful stitching and cork layered "21" paired with the uptown floral line art. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Nice job with the colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, Jo! I love the popped up flower and the stitching! And I have to get cracking on that cork too! I have some cork too that I have to get to using! Thanks for the reminder and inspiration! Love how you used the colors! Thanks for being such a great guest designer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Jo! Love that cork! Like the flowers on the white space and the popped up center one along with the stitching! Great take on the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this.. The cork board, the stitching the flowers with one popped in the middle..Wonderful job on using the colors.. Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Jo! LOve the colored stitches - what an awesome touch! I love how you kept the flowers as outlines in the challenge colors. What a great use of the challenge colors! Another gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)