The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Just Us Girls Template Week

So today is my last post as the Featured Designer over at Just Us Girls.  I have had a blast coming up with all the cards and projects using their guidelines!   Thanks for asking me to join in the fun!

Todays challenge is to use a template! The lovely people over at Clear & Simple Stamps  are sponsoring todays challenge.  The winner will recieve a $25 gift certificate to use in their store and there are lots of yummy things over there!  Be sure to check it out!  They graciously provided the DT with a stamp set to use for the challenge and we were asked to use one of the free templates they have on their blog, they are listed in the sidebar. 

I chose the Trick or Treat basket, but instead of making it into a pumpkin I decided to make a cauldron! I switched the cardstock handle for wire, used black cardstock and lined it with some firey fabric!  I put the cardstock through the Big Shot with the swirly Cuttlebug folder.  I made a spider out of two buttons, some wire and a permanent black marker (!) and hung him from the handle with some thin wire.  Added some ribbons and feathers for effect!


I decided to make the little mini pop up card to go along with it.  The cauldron and the sentiment are embossed with black powder.  I used wire to hold the ribbon together at the top.  Here is a picture of just the card.  Included in the stamp set are some cute little stars which I used to make a subtle background using versamark ink.  The little spider is attached to a different sentiment stamp with the same set I just cut him out and popped him on top of a button.


And here is a close up of the groovy little spider!

And just one last picture of the set.

Now it's your turn! Head on over to the JUGS blog and check out all the lovely inspiration form the Design Team and get crafting!  Well have a fabulous day!

13 comments:

  1. What a great set... Love the hanging spider and combination of ribbons on the spoon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - Love this! That little handle and spider are beyond adorable! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic project Jo. Just love the details and that you turned it into a cauldron. The spider is a perfect creepy accent LOL He would keep me out of the candy for sure. Thanks for a marvelous job of creating with the JUGS team. It's been wonderful having you with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous set! I love it. Fabulous job with the template and the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo this is so amazing and what a clever idea turning the pumpkin into a cauldron!!! I love it! What a fun tag card too! Love the spoon, spider and your printed backdrop...a beautiful presentation! Thanks for all your sweet comments it's been fun having you as our guest designer this month! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. I love how creative you are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful creations! Love that spider! And thanks for your lovely comment for my little blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, how clever. I love that you turned the template into a cauldron with fiery accents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such a great job with this template challenge! You are worthy being a designer! You make wonderfull and fabulous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, there are so many wonderful details of this little basket, love the spiders hanging from it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow sooooo adorable... LOVE IT!!! :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Jo! Your project is fabulous!!! I love that you added that adorable little spider - fantastic touch! The pop up card is gorgeous! LOve, Love, Love the orange feathers - looks like flames coming out of the cauldron. Gorgeous work girl So, so glad you could join JUGS this month - we've loved having you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a wonderful job with the template challenge! I love your cauldron...such a clever twist on the basket! So sorry I didn't comment last week...I had a busy week and I'm just trying to catch up! You did a fabulous job with all your JUGs submissions as Guest Designer. Thanks so much for participating with us!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)