The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Busy as a Bee!

Well I have a few finishes and one work in progress to share today.

My daughter recently went on her first residential school trip. So there we were busily ticking off the checklist packing her case, when she announces that she has lost her scarf!

So I made her another that night!! I had bought two soft fleecy blankets from ikea with the intention to make something with them. So put this together a different colour for each side.




My second share is a pillow that has been in my mind for a couple of years. In fact since I made the rainbow pillow!! Just haven't ever got around to making it!! But it's perfect for this week! A valentine's heart tree pillow! Still wondering if I should hand quilt around the trunk to make it stand out more?



Then yesterday we were invited to a two year old's party. I had planned to appliqué her name onto a t-shirt. But realised that I didn't have the right size shirt so plan B formed! I made her a little ticket tape dolls quilt! I forgot to photo the back! But I had carefully picked out shades of colours to match and was going to sew them Dow randomly but then the rainbow overtook me!!


And finally my WIP. All the blocks are done for the baby quilt I'm working on and the backing and binding fabric has arrived. So yesterday I planned the layout.


I ordered two flannel fabrics for the back and that yellow for the binding.  Wishing now I'd ordered more of the flannel! How cute is that!


Thanks for stopping by.
Fresh Poppy Design

4 comments:

  1. Love your heart projects, and especially your pretty Heart Tree Pillow!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that scarf. how do I make one for my girl? hint- tut please :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through Sew Cute Tuesday, love your valentines pillow it's really cute :) and the dolls quilt and yes you definitely should have ordered more of that flannel its GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet that heart pillow is!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)