The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hidden Squares Cushion all Quilted

Finally managed to find five minutes to quilt the paper pieced rainbow squares cushion and post it on here!


I decided to quilt a square of each colour around. Then used some variegated thread to do a few squares bordering around the square and then the remaining squares black.  I liked the framed look it gives. 

Now just got to decide what colour to bind it with....red or aqua? Or other suggestions welcome...


It was lovely to get a bit of time to work on something that isn't for work. To be honest I don't know if I even want to keep this cushion! But it was good to try a new technique. :-) 

Sharing at:

Fresh Poppy Design

And at Not Just a Housewife.

3 comments:

  1. Red... Lol , Will be hard to choose. Turned out great

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about binding it in black. That way only the rainbow shapes and your quilting would stand out. They wouldn't have to compete with the binding.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)