The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Finished Petite Street HST Baby Quilt

I managed to finish up the Petite Street baby quilt I've been making.  The fabric line is called Petite Street and is by Dashwood Studios.  You can get it locally to me here and here.  I had split a fat quarter bundle with a friend so I had a set of fat eights and decided to cut two large squares from each to make the HSTs.  I bought extra of the fabric for the binding and backing and used a white star blend for the rest.

I love the modern and simple look this quilt has.  Love how the quilting turned out.  Will have to try to get a better picture as it is hard to see the vertical lines which give the partial grid look on the white triangles.  I've popped it in the washer/dryer to fluff it up a bit! But maybe if the sun comes out tomorrow I might get some more pictures!

[Edited to add these next two pictures to show you fluffed up loveliness!]



You can definitely see those vertical lines in the fluffy pictures!


I'm happy that all my points match up! Yay that was worth the extra effort.



It measures 40 x 40 inches, so it's great for baby/toddler or even a lap quilt.  I had some unpicking to do as I didn't check my tension properly! Doh! But it took me about eight hours start to finish (7.5 if you don't count the unpicking!). I was hoping for 5 hours all in, so took longer than I thought.


I picked my favourite fabric from the range to put on the back.  Who could fail to love those fluffy little clouds! And I think the pink binding is a really lovely contrast, both back and front.


So tell me quilters, how long would it make you to make this quilt? And if you make quilts to sell, what sort of hourly rate do you factor in?  As this is the first one I'm considering selling, I could use your advice.  Obviously I have my own ideas and I have done research on Etsy, but I was just wondering what your personal experience is. Thanks :-)

Sharing at: 
Sew Cute TuesdayNeedle and Thread ThursdaySew-Many_WaysFresh Poppy Design

3 comments:

  1. This is terrific and I like the design of the machine quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tip for you: check out the blog Molli Sparkles. He (!) has written up a costing sheet for you to use to calculate the price of a quilt. Even though there are many quilters who do not like everything in that sheet, there is a lot to think about!
    I wish you lots of luck with selling!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)