The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mojo Monday #124 & Color Q #18

Good Morning! I just want you to know that I really, really struggled with this card!  Mainly I stuggled with the colour challenge - getting that yellow in was a killer!  When I saw it on the CQ blog it all looked gorgeous together but trying to make it work with my card was tough!  I loved the sketch from Mojo Monday.  I've used a stamp my friend bought me for Christmas, I'm afraid I don't know the brand.  I stamped it several times. Twice in white, one for the rectangle and then on the second I cut the girls out and raised them up on foam.  Then stamped onto the various papers to make the dresses, then paper pieced it all together.  I love the way it looks.  But I have to say it moved me out of my comfort zone working with a stamp that was essentially a real person instead of a cutesie drawing - I think that was the first time I've ever used that type of stamp! Thanks for taking me out of my comfort zone Lorraine I love the finished effect of this stamp!


Here is the sketch and colour challenge details for you to see.


Thanks for stopping by. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think this is so pretty. I love the image and the colors. Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool, Jo! Love those images!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)