As promised I'm sharing a couple of things I made last week, just trying to catch up! Busy making and no time to blog!
I have been wanting to try zips for a while. Back before Christmas I managed to reposition one in a skirt, I've put one in a cushion that I'll be sharing later in the week (that was a bit hap hazard though!) and so I thought I would follow a tutorial on how to do it properly! I followed one written by Florence over at Flossie Teacakes.
It was pretty easy to follow, just wish my computer was next to my sewing machine! The only part I had trouble with was sewing over such a bulky bit wear the zip end and tabs and seams all joined. I had to do that part twice!
In general though I was pretty pleased how it turned out.
I popped one of my labels in!
The second project I'm sharing is another thrift store upcycle. I found a skirt there that I just loved the fabric of but it was a Aus size 8 adult, so no chance I was going to be fitting into it anytime soon! So instead I made it small enough for my 7 year old daughter, I didn't adjust the length. Then used some of the leftover fabric to make some binding which I then ruffled and attached to a co-ordinating t-shirt in a heart shape.