The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Turn Trash into Treasure...

As you know I love taking part in card challenges and one of the best parts of that is looking at all the other entries and seeing all the wonderful creations people have made.   On one such blog that I was nosing around I found a cool challenge that I'd like to share with you.  The blog is Seaglass and Sentiments.  The owner is Christina who makes some beautiful cards.  The challenge is to celebrate Earth Day.  She has challenged us to create something using something that would have been destined for the bin/trash, recycle it and make it into treasure.  Well I haven't got anything new to share for this one yet although I might have a go later this week. But I did take part in a similar challenge a couple of years ago and I thought I'd share with you two cards made using something from the trash!

The first is my little fishies card.  The fishies are made out of a coke can!




And the second one uses a plastic milk carton for the scalloped circle! I stamped and coloured straight onto the milk carton after punching it out.  It was pretty tough to get the punch through it but I did it!


Hopefully I'll get to do something new too for the challenge! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. These cards are fantastic! So glad you shared. I never thought about punching from a plastic bottle, but what a cool idea! I look forward to seeing what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)