The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Two cards to share...

Hello folks!  Today I have two cards to share.  I made this Mother's day card for a friend to give to her Mum as a little thank you to her for something kind she did, hence the thank you card alongside it! Truth be told she forgot English Mother's day in England and is hoping to sneak in in time for the Aussie one instead!



For the Mother's day card I used the sketch from Our Creative Corner.  The colours (aqua, navy, brown, kraft and cream)  I used were from a card I saw along the There She Goes blog hop this week and I loved them but can't remember which lovely blog they were from (Sorry!). 




The Thank you card, well, I just made.  But then when I looked at it again I realised I must have still had the Everything but the kitchen sink sketch still stuck in my head as it looks just like that!


I used stamps from Courtney Baker's Practicing Creativity range.  I was soooo excited when these arrived this week.  I used the 'For the love of dots' one to create the blue spot background on the kraft paper.  And the 'Look Up' one for the bunting banner.  The thank you stamp is an old Stampin Up one.  I am loving that ricrac, I picked up three different coloured rolls from the $2 shop. There were EIGHT metres on each roll! Bargain!

Well thanks for stopping by.  Have a fabulous day!


10 comments:

  1. I love that adorable banner on the mother's day card!! Super cute.

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~KristinaH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards, especially like the banner! I haven't used that yet in the set and this inspires me to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the visit to my blog and your sweet comments. Love the little banner and all the spots too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do lovely work - just found you via CAS and will be a regular visitor now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous! I love the colours and images. Thanks for joining us for the OCC Sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cards! I love Courtney's stamps too! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh they are both fantastic! love the bird :) thanks for joining us for the OCC Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  8. These is FANTASTIC! - love that banner!! Thanks so much for playing along with OCC this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bunting, went on the website and it has an option to post to Australia and it insists you pick a State / Region but only gives you American ones to choose from.... did you have this problem????

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)