The Crafty Nomad Has Moved

The Crafty Nomad Has Moved
Click here to go to my Fabulous New Blog!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Week 6: Do You Stack Up - Ribbon


Hi there, today's card is for this weeks challenge at the Do You Stack Up Challenge Blog

The challenge this week is:
Ribbon

The sponsors today are: Kristen Powers Ink and Bugaboo.

 

I chose to use an image from Bugaboo which just makes me laugh!  It's called One Person to Annoy and you can get it here.

I thought I'd find a spotty paper to match her dress.  Our challenge was to use ribbon.  I decided to make a ribbon flower.  First I sewed a running stitch down the middle of the burgandy ribbon and pulled it to make the little flower.  Then I ran a running stitch down one edge of the grey ribbon and pulled at that to make the main layered flower.  I added the burgandy to the top and secured them to the card with a vintage looking brad from Stampin Up.  I love the pretty delicate nature of the flower teamed with no-nonsense Stella.

This is the inside of the card!

And another close up of the flower.
I can't wait to see what fun ways you come up with to use ribbon in your projects.  Link them up at DYSU!

10 comments:

  1. How true and I love the naughty and clever card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love the Bugaboo stamp and sentiment and that ribbon flower is gorgeous. Hugs Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Supercool image and I absolutely love the stitching! The ribbons suits perfectly.

    Hugs,
    Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so gorgeous Jo, love what you did with the ribbon, gorgeous
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card Jo! Thanks for the info on how you made the flower--I would have thought it was store bought. I have got to sit down and make some of these. Super idea on the inside label. I may have to CASE that!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahah! Love it! I love Bugaboos - they are so funny :) Thanks for playing with our Valentine's challenge this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    Lori - 4 CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh I laughed so hard at the sentiments. That is a perfect one for my mom and dad..LOL. I just the these two. Thank you so much for sharing your Valentine inspiration with us at 4 Crafty chicks. Have a wonderful week.

    Tamie - 4CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always looking forward to seeing what you come up with :) The card is uber cool, the ribbon is awesome and I love the way you made a flower out of it! Thanks so much for inspiring :) Janna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card!! Love the image, your coloring and the color combo!! Really!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your flower - must have a go

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your comments, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a message! Jo :o)